Curcumin is the principal curcuminoid of the popular Indian spice turmeric, which is a member of the ginger family (Zingiberaceae).
- Curcuminoids (hereinafter referred to as curcumin) also exhibit strong antioxidant activity, enhance cellular resistance to oxidative damage, and provide antioxidant protection against DNA damage.* Curcumin also enhances the body's natural antioxidant glutathione levels, which in turn aids the liver in detoxification.* Turmeric has also been found to have hepatoprotective (i.e., liver-protective) properties against a variety of liver-toxic chemicals.
- In research on people with suboptimal joint function, curcumin was found to be useful for promoting a healthy inflammatory response, while promoting comfort and flexibility.* In a double-blind study, curcumin was found to be superior to a placebo or other study compounds supporting a healthy post-surgical inflammatory response
- Constituents of turmeric exert several protective effects on the gastrointestinal tract, most likely via its antioxidant activity. A double-blind trial found turmeric helpful for people with indigestion and effective in animal research in promoting healthy digestive function
- curcumin may help promote cardiovascular health, especially by decreasing the propensity of low density lipoprotein (LDL) to oxidize by its Antioxidant Activity
- All Best Naturals products are manufactured in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), among the highest standards in the world -- Proudly Made in USA -- Purity & Potency Guaranteed