Carnosine (beta-alanyl-L-histidine) is a dipeptide of the amino acids beta-alanine and histidine. It's highly concentrated in skeletal muscles, heart muscles and brain tissue. Carnosine is a proven antioxidant.
- Nervous System Support: l-Carnosine may help to maintain healthy peptide metabolism in the brain, supporting neuronal cell health.
- Antioxidant Support: l-Carnosine is a water-soluble antioxidant with well-documented free-radical scavenging activity and is believed to promote cell health and cell longevity. In vitro experiments show carnosine to be a potent scavenger of peroxyl and hydroxyl radicals. Carnosine may also help to maintain superoxide dismutase (SOD) activity. SOD is an important antioxidant enzyme.
- Cardiovascular Support: Its membrane-stabilizing properties maintain healthy lactate dehydrogenase activity of cardiovascular cells, providing a protective effect.
- Muscular Support: The concentration of l-carnosine in muscle may prove to be an important factor in high-intensity exercise performance based on a recent human study.
- All Best Naturals products are manufactured in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), among the highest standards in the world -- Proudly Made in USA -- Purity & Potency Guaranteed